The term integrative cancer care is becoming a buzz phase in medicine. Still many people (and doctors) don’t really fully understand the true depth and application of the term “integrative,” especially how it pertains to cancer treatment. The idea behind an integrative approach is that since cancer is a multifactorial disease, affecting every aspect of a person, you need a multi-faceted treatment plan. The research now clearly shows that cancer patients have improved outcomes and reduced mortality when they use complementary techniques (such as fitness therapy, diet counseling, yoga, meditation etc.). Integrative cancer care combines the best of conventional treatments (i.e. new chemotherapy agents, surgical techniques etc.) supportive natural approaches (vitamins and nutrients) and mind-body-spirit practices.
In my practice I focus on helping the patient get the best combination of treatment available. Not matter where the patient is in their treatment, we support them with the best integrative and natural therapies available. This can mean helping a patient prevent cancer or actively treat a cancer that has returned and they no longer want to do chemotherapy. Is can also mean that a patient gets natural therapies along side their conventional treatments or we help get a patient ready for resection surgery or radiation. One of the strengths of natural medicine is that it can be tailored to the needs and desires of each person.
The goals of naturopathic and integrative cancer therapy are:
· Combine the best treatments from natural and conventional medicine - which natural and drugs treatments are best for you
· Directly cause cancer cells to self-destruct and die
· Reduce tumour size and prevent further spread (metastasis) of the cancer
· Boost the overall immune system so that it is able to destroy cancer cells
· Reduce the toxicity and side effects caused by chemotherapy drugs and radiation therapy
· Improve survival outcomes and patient quality of life
· Prevention of relapse after successful cancer treatment
· Learn techniques that promote dietary and lifestyle habits which prevent cancer
· Integrate the mind, body and spirit to promote healing at the deepest levels
To achieve the above goals, naturopathic and integrative cancer therapy uses the latest evidence-based therapies and interventions.
This list is not exhaustive and is not meant to be used as a "self-prescription" resource. Not every therapy may be right for each cancer or person. To find out the correct dosage and combination contact Dr Hrkal to book an appointment for a consult.
· High dose intravenous Vitamin C
· Vitamin D – includes testing and treatment to reach optimal levels
· Super-bioavailable Curcumin, Green tea and Resveratrol
· Intravenous Glutathione and alpha lipoic acid
· Mushroom extracts
· Mistle toe extract from Germany
· Modified citrus pectin
For more information please visit my Integrative Cancer Therapy page
Leave a Reply.
Welcome To My Blog
My goal is to post thought-provoking and informative articles so you can learn and apply the latest news from the world of natural health. Feel free to post comments and start a conversation. Stay tuned to my twitter and facebook feeds for the latest posts.