· You will need 6 green peppers (green peppers have a more stable bottom; easier to stand them upright on the tray when baking)
· Grain-Fed Free Range Ground Chicken
· A handful of almonds, chopped
· 2 cloves of garlic
· Mushrooms, sautéed in olive oil and onion
· Parsley, chopped finely
· A handful of craisins
· 1 cup of basmati rice, cooked and seasoned with curry, salt, chili flakes
· Spices to season: oregano, basil, chili flakes, salt, pepper, cayenne powder
Preheat oven to 175.
Cook basmati rice.
In a frying pan, add olive oil and sauté 2 minced garlic cloves until golden brown on medium heat.
Add onion and sauté with finely chopped mushrooms.
Add ground chicken and sauté until meat is browned.
Stir in the minced parsley, almonds and craisins and continue to cook on low heat and add in your choice of spices (oregano, basil, chili flakes, salt, pepper, cayenne powder).
Continue to cook for another 10 minutes to allow the spices to create a nice aroma.
Prepare your peppers by washing them thoroughly and cutting the top of the peppers.
Remove the meat from the stove and let cool for a few minutes.
Add your cooked basmati rice into the meat mixture.
· Sauté onions and garlic
· Use Tomato sauce from a glass container
· 1tbsp of Red Wine to taste
· 1tbsp of Organic Agave Nectar to sweeten
· Season with spices (oregano, basil, rosemary, chili flakes, cayenne pepper, Himalayan salt)
· Let simmer for 10-15mins
THE FINISH LINE
Put a tablespoon of your tomato sauce into the bottom of your peppers.
Follow by putting 2 tablespoons of the meat and rice mixture.
Continue layering the sauce and meat/rice mixture until you fill the whole pepper.
Line your baking rack with parchment paper and stand upright.
Place your peppers into the oven and let them bake for 20mins.
Remove peppers and sprinkle with pepper and a pinch of salt.
Serve by pouring a ladle of the tomato sauce on the peppers.