1 free run, grain fed chicken breast
1 package of bone in chicken legs
3 large onions
1 cup cooked quinoa
8 cups of organic chicken stock (or spring water)
4 large carrots
4 celery stems
1 bunch of parsley
2 bay leaves
1 clove garlic, minced
½ teaspoon of cayenne pepper
½ turmeric powder
Salt and pepper to taste
1. Clean the chicken, dice, put it in a large pot and cover it with cold water. Bring the water to boil.
2. Add the chicken legs, onions, turnips and carrots. Simmer on medium heat for about 1 hour. Remove fat from the surface as it accumulates.
3. Add the parsley, celery cayenne pepper, turmeric, and garlic . Cook the mixture about 45 min. longer.
4. Remove bay leaves.
5. Serve broth, meat and vegetables with cooked quinoa in bowl. (You may also put vegetables in the food processor to liquefy before adding them back into the soup).
6. Add salt and pepper to taste.